This independent public house is located in the centre of Chiswick and is steeped in history having been a former police station; operational from 1911-1970 when the force moved across the road to larger premises.
The public house still retains some of the internal features such as the curved cell roof spaces, 4 jail cells, stables and court yard areas.
The full refurbishment comprised of works to the external areas with new windows, external signage and additional seating.
In the basement, installation of a new commercial kitchen and client wash rooms, complete with all the necessary M&E services including a full HVAC system were installed.
On the ground floor Fileturn refurbished the bar area; beautifully designed in an art deco theme with an 80-seater communal dining room and private dining areas. One of the former cells has been converted into a cosy drinking area called 'The Nook'.
New bi-folding doors from the dining room can be opened during the summer months to become an extension of the court yard. The stables and court yard were also refurbished to create additional external bar and dining areas.
Five new en-suite bedrooms were fitted out on the first floor to a four-star standard.